Pallet Rack Utah
Home | Pallet Rack | Pallet Rack Utah
We have provided Pallet Rack in Utah since 1997. It is kind of our bread and butter. We have seen everything an application can cover over the years and this allows us to visit with you to recommend the solution for you! We understand Utah Building Codes, Permitting Rack in Utah and everything seismic. Talk to a rep on the phone, in a zoom or have us out to your facility. Don’t just buy pallet rack, buy the right Pallet Pallet Rack for your Utah business!
Getting a Pallet Rack Permit In Utah
This is a moving target for sure. That’s why we offer pallet rack permitting service. Call 801-328-8788 . As a leading, and maybe the leader, in providing rack in Utah, and around the USA, this service has proved very helpful for our customers. You know your business. We know Rack!
Utah adopted codes:
2009 IBC, Sections: 1705.3,
1707.5,2208.1. 2009 IFC Chapters 23
A building permit is required for racking exceeding 5’ 9” in height per IBC Section 105.2. Due to all of Salt Lake City being within seismic design categories D or E, Special Inspections are required for storage racks 8’ or greater in height. IBC 1707.5: Storage racks and access floors. Periodic special inspection is required during the anchorage of access floors and storage racks 8’ or greater in height in structures assigned to Seismic Design Category D,E, or F. Special Inspections and Testing (per IBC Chapter 17): A form that must be completed in full prior to permit issuance is available at: http://www.slcpermits. com under the “Applications” section.
A) Submit TWO copies of all drawings, specifications, and calculations.
B) Drawings (1/4” or larger scale is preferred) are to include but to include but are not limited to:
1) Floor plan drawing of building area of larger building for interior racking.
2) Site plan drawing for exterior racking. Note: The exterior rack storage maximum height is 20’.
3) Exit paths. Include all building exits and where the exits lead to (i.e. to the public way).
4) Layout of racking including aisle dimensions (3’, 8’, or 12’)
5) Full-height elevations or section drawing from floor to roof. Include the following heights from floor level:
Maximum height of the rack’s top shelf.
Maximum height of commodities
stored on the top shelf.
Bottom of roof structural members.
Bottom of roof deck.
Floor bolt and washer (leveling shims) specifications and sizes. Connections of upright to upright, row to row, back to back, etc.
7) Provide the manufacturer’s specifications / installation instructions.
C) A Utah licensed engineer’s stamp (signed and dated) is required for racks 8’ or greater in height. The drawings and calculations (including seismic requirements for SLC) shall
be stamped. Racks less than 8’ in height shall be installed per manufacturer’s specifications.
D) The following information is needed to complete a plan review of high pile and rack storage. If the commodities that are stored are flammable or pyrophoric in nature, these additional requirements will be applied:
1) Provide the type of commodities that are stored (steel, cardboard boxes, plastic, tires, etc.)
2) Is the storage interior or exterior? Provide information about the storage shelves (i.e. solid, board planks, open metal grid, etc.).
3) Provide information regarding how the commodities are placed on the racks. (loose on pallets, in cardboard boxes with plastic shrink wrap around and/or over the top of the boxes, in metal bins, etc.
4) Is the building equipped with fire sprinkler protection? If so, include the density rate of the sprinkler system. Also include showing the zones of the sprinkler system. Commodities
stored 12’ or higher require sprinklers, regardless of the area of the room or building. Buildings built prior to 1995 usually do not have Early Suppression Fast Response (ESFR) sprinkler heads.
5) Will the stored materials be automatically or manually placed?
6) A man door is required every 100’ along the exterior wall adjoining the racking area.
7) The Salt Lake City Fire Prevention Bureau shall be notified three working days in advance to conduct the inspection of all fire suppression and fire alarm systems.
8) A fire department hose outlet,1.5”, shall be required at EACH of the fire department access door serving the racking area.
APPROVALS REQUIRED FOR
All are located in Building Services
The permit fees are based upon the valuation assessed for this racking installation project. The value of new or used racks (purchased for this project) is to be included in the valuation.
In addition to this material value, the total shall also include the total labor cost.
There are so many Types of Pallet Rack
all over Utah! Most pallet rack in Utah is the standard green upright with orange rail. Pretty simple rack and it works for most applications. As your warehouse gets larger with more SKU’s it becomes time to get education on the types of Pallet Rack Systems available. It is not rocket science but it can be challenging to do it on your own. This video is the best video on the web to learn about the different types of pallet rack in Utah available and how benefits and drawbacks to each kind of rack. Your probably to busy to watch it all but boy! This video on the types of pallet rack will make you pretty knowledgeable about Pallet Rack in just a few minutes.
Selective Pallet Rack 801-328-8788
This is the standard you are used to seeing everywhere from Home Depot to Lowes to warehouses across the Salt Lake Valley. Mostly green uprights and orange beams but it can come in lots of colors. Find pallet Rack In Utah Here!
Push Back Rack
Drive In Rack
The best Pallet Rack choice in Utah not only allows density of storage but availability of the products.
Double Deep Pallet Rack
Narrow Aisle Rack
Look through some Pallet Rack Accessories online.
Some Utah companies are using The Storeganzier as part of their rack system. Ask for a site visit if you would like to see the Storeganzier in Utah. It is a simple add on to existing pallet rack systems for Utah customers that will allow more product be be placed in the golden zone to increase picks and reduce pick errors. In fact , it is so effective at reducing pick times 80% of customers who buy Storeganizer buy more. Can you get a better testimonial than that?
The Best Rack for the Application
Having The Best Rack for the Application is more important than ever. With a shrinking labor pool to staff the warehouse having the best rack for the application is more important than ever. The right pallet rack will improve your productivity nd all the safety accessories will keep your staff safe and on the job!
Seismic Codes And Permitting Rack In Utah
Navigating the bureaucracy of seismic codes and getting pallet rack permitted in Utah can be daunting. It is different from city to city and even from inspector to inspector. After all every warehouse and ever application is different! We have a specialist on board who can help you get a permit and rack inspection for you rack. Call to get started permitting your rack project today. In Utah: 801-328-8788.